System Hardening Administration
Hybrid- 1 day on site, 4 days remote
2 locations: Ogden, UT and Oklahoma City, OK 6.3.1 The contractor shall perform the following Server System Hardening administration subtasks for both the Windows and Unix environments supported by the System Administrator subtasks:
a. Apply/interpret applicable Security Requirement Guides/STIGs/Orders to the
1. Collect and maintain all pertinent artifacts/deliverables as related to any
2. Ensure Unix servers have an approved form of virus scan software installed and
maintain, track and report out of date virus definitions
3. Track and report applicable vulnerability scan results in accordance with DISA
Guidelines and timelines.
4. Verify; take actions, track, and report on all applicable Information Assurance
Vulnerability Management, orders, and deadlines.
5. Install and monitor HBSS (all modules), tuning as necessary to mitigate current
threats and minimize server/application outages.
6. Coordinate STIG compliance for the LOB, managing the vulnerability lifecycle
7. Coordinate reporting of corrective actions with System Administrators (SA) for
higher level reporting and tracking for Defense Task Orders, Operational Orders,
b. Conduct/coordinate ACAS scans:
1. Review and research ACAS scan findings and provide guidance to SA teams
regarding remediation steps.
2. Troubleshoot ACAS scan failures and missing scans on a daily basis.
3. Provide Sustainment and Cyber teams with credential management for ACAS
c. Review new builds, prior to Initial Operating Environment (IOE) to verify Baseline
Security Requirements and request Full Production Connectivity (FPC), partnering
with Cyber LOB:
1. Verify backup policies are in place prior to obtaining IOE.
2. Provide detailed information on servers regarding FPC status, Command Cyber
Readiness Inspection scores, DoD Information Technology Portfolio Repository
OPORD/STIG compliance, and zero day vulnerabilities.
d. Function as the Server LOB interface to the Cyber LOB for all cyber tasks, including
audits, ensuring proper notification, preparation, scheduling, and remediation:
1. Participate in interviews and planning meetings for any internal or external audits.
2. Coordinate with SAs and audit liaisons on After Action Reports (AARs),
corrective actions, document requests, and required remediation evidence.
e. Provide on-site support to meet any Classified or TPI.
f. Provide briefings on any US Cyber Command or internal DISA Command Center
orders, zero day vulnerabilities, ACAS, HBSS, Orders statuses, audits, tracking to