nZero is a leading SaaS company that specializes in delivering emissions and usage data accurate to the hour to our customers to make sustainable, environmentally conscious, and financially prudent decisions. We are committed to creating a greener future by helping companies understand their carbon impact and giving them tools to make quick decisions. We seek a talented, experienced IT Security Analyst to join our dedicated team. At nZero, we believe that security is the foundation of our operations, and that robust platform and application security measures are key to protecting our customer’s data and trust. Join us in our mission to safeguard our robust tools that support companies’ net-zero efforts and customer data.
As an IT Security Analyst at nZero, you will be instrumental in maintaining the security and compliance of our technology infrastructure. Your expertise will contribute to our mission of providing reliable and secure solutions to our clients while adhering to global standards such as SOC 2, GDPR, and ISO 27001. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement best practices, assess risks, and drive continuous improvement in our security framework.
- Work closely with our IT and development teams to design, implement, and maintain security measures across our applications, systems, and networks.
- Conduct thorough security assessments, audits, and vulnerability assessments to identify potential risks and areas for improvement.
- Lead efforts to achieve and maintain compliance with industry standards including SOC 2, GDPR, and ISO 27001.
- Collaborate with our legal and privacy teams to ensure our data handling practices align with GDPR and other relevant data protection regulations.
- Manage Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) frameworks to ensure appropriate access controls are in place, minimizing unauthorized access.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of Web Application Firewalls (WAF) to protect our applications from cyber threats.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest cybersecurity trends, emerging threats, and best practices to proactively address potential vulnerabilities.
- Provide guidance and training to our internal teams to promote a security-conscious culture throughout the organization.
- Assist in incident response and recovery, ensuring swift action in case of security breaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field. Relevant certifications (CISSP, CISM, CompTIA Security , etc.) are a plus.
- Proven experience (5 years) as an IT Security Analyst, preferably in a startup or fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of compliance requirements and implementation including standards such as SOC 2, GDPR, FedRAMP and ISO 27001.
- Proficiency in Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) methodologies and Web Application Firewalls (WAF) implementation.
- Familiarity with cloud security principles and practices, especially within AWS or similar cloud platforms.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex security issues and recommend effective solutions.
- Effective communication skills to convey security concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team.
nZero is a near real-time (NRT) carbon data and sustainability platform that gives NGOs, government agencies, and organizations the accurate emissions data they need to reach net zero, communicate their story, and make smart decisions that benefit the health of the planet. Unlike carbon management offerings who rely on third-party data and opaque averages, nZero gathers accurate, first-party, contextual data into a comprehensive view, making it simple for organizations to pinpoint opportunities within their operations to implement carbon reduction actions and spend smarter along the way. nZero’s awards and recognitions include the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) Existing Industry 2022 “Leader in Sustainability” Award, Business Intelligence Group’s 2022 Sustainability Product of the Year Award, a place on TIME Magazine’s 2022 Best Inventions List in the Sustainability Category, as well as an honorable mention on Fast Company’s 2022 World-Changing Ideas List.
Apply for job