Mos is on a mission to tear down financial barriers to opportunity. We built the first banking product designed not to manage student debt - but to eliminate it. And we're just getting started. We're shipping fast, growing rapidly, and backed on our quest by world-class investors like Sequoia, Lux Capital, Stephen Curry, and more. You can learn more about our culture and what it's like to work at Mos here.
We ranked #1 in the "Finance" (and #3 overall) in the App Store on our launch week. Our software engineers make this happen and are driven to ship revolutionary features for our students, working collaboratively with the rest of the company. We're an early-stage startup relying on smart, motivated individuals (like yourself =)) to help shape the financial future of the next generation!
We are remote-friendly within the United States and have an office in San Francisco.
- Work closely with our Product, Design, and Marketing teams to implement the feature set for a fast-growing user base.
- Developing and deploying highly-available web applications safely and reliably.
- Have a keen eye on performance and optimize different parts of the application stack.
- Evolve the foundations as we scale, using best practices and setting them up for longevity and sustainable development.
- Influence the company's technology stack and engineering culture by keeping up with the latest industry best practices.
Who we're looking for
- Several years of experience working and shipping code in the software industry. [4 years and having startup experiences is a plus]
- Experienced at architecting, building, and debugging a NodeJS app with traffic at scale.
- Well-versed with AWS services (Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, SQS...)
- Track record of owning projects end-to-end and ability to communicate effectively.
- Proficient with Git and working within a CI/CD agile development process.
Our current stack
- Micro-services enabled by Serverless and AWS (Lambda, API Gateway, SQS...)
- Databases: DynamoDB, MySQL
- CI/CD: CircleCI and Serverless
Company name: Mos
Remote job title: Software Engineer Backend
Job tags: cicd, Software Development Processes, Serverless