dbt Labs is a remote-first company with a globally distributed team. This role is open to folks based anywhere in the United States.
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at email@example.com if you need assistance or accommodation due to disability.
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we've grown to become one of the most respected brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies.
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself?-?not just analytics tools?-?will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today there are 9,000 companies using dbt every week, 25,000 practitioners in the dbt Community Slack, and 1,800 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We're backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter. We recently raised our series D: read the announcement here!
In this role you can expect to:
- Build the next generation of platform features and UI components for our SaaS product, dbt Cloud.
- Work on enterprise features including but not limited to: Single Sign-On & Role Based Access Control, user and token management, MultiFactor authn, reporting.
- Design and develop reliable, highly available and delightful experiences for both customer personas: the dbt admin and the end user.
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX designers, Security and Customer Support.
- Work with variety of programming languages, systems, and technologies, including: Python, Go, React, Postgres, Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform and Datadog.
- Have 5 years experience as a software engineer.
- Minimum requirement of Bachelors degree in related field (computer science, computer engineering, etc.) OR
- Completed enrollment in engineering related bootcamp
You are a good fit if you:
- Have strong fundamentals in a variety of software development paradigms (e.g. object oriented, functional).
- Are able to balance speed of delivery with designing scalable, reusable components.
- Have exposure to API-driven applications using RESTful and/or gRPC.
- Are passionate about design and code reviews that help grow the team.
- Are highly motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Are ready to go outside of the team's realm when there are infrastructure related dependencies and collaborating with other teams to aid delivery of team features.
- Ensure high programming standards by writing unit, functional and integration tests.
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
You'll have an edge if:
- Have worked on a small team developing and deploying a SaaS product.
- Experience with multi-cloud environments and container deployments.
- Have built reliable, mission critical software for external customers.
- Have designed and implemented scalable architecture patterns.
- Have experience with Datadog or other log monitoring services and working with it to debug production issues.
- Have experience working on a distributed team.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary: $145,000-$165,000
- Equity Stake
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, 401k w/ 3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, and paid parental leave
What to expect in the hiring process:
- An introductory call with a member of our People Ops team
- A technical screen and meeting with our Engineering Managers
- A panel interview including multiple members of the Engineering Team
- A final interview with the CEO
Company name: dbt Labs
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer, Enterprise
Job tags: containers, Scalable Architecture, Datadog