Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world’s most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better.
The CAD and Meshing development team at OnScale, an Ansys Company, is seeking a Senior R&D Engineer to develop innovative workflows for automated meshing of large, complex geometries in a cloud-based simulation environment. Join a dynamic, entrepreneurial team of world-class scientists, engineers and developers focused on building the Future of Engineering. OnScale, an Ansys company, is bringing together the world’s most advanced and reliable engineering simulation software on a scalable, on-demand cloud computing platform.
You have experience with surface and volume meshing methods and understand the requirements of mesh preparation for various simulation applications such as computational mechanics, fluid dynamics, or electromagnetics. You have expertise in programming numerical methods in scientific applications and a strong interest in cloud technology and distributed computing. You enjoy challenges in learning and applying new technologies in innovative ways. You will apply your experience working closely with a cross functional team of highly-motivated engineers and computer scientists. Ultimately, you will share responsibility for making massively parallel, cloud-based multiphysics simulation a reality for all engineers.
* Design and implement workflows for automated surface and volume meshing of complex geometries in preparation for finite element, finite volume and other simulation methods.
* Create and maintain well-structured and optimized code using the latest programming standards in C/C and Python.
* Develop methods optimized for a scalable cloud computing environment
* Participate in the planning and implementation of cloud-based meshing workflows
* Be responsible for all aspects of the software development cycle including development, documentation, deployment and testing
*Minimum Qualifications *
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics with 5 years’ experience, MS with 3 years’ experience, or PhD with 1 year experience
* Strong C/C and/or Python programming experience within commercial software
* Strong analytical skills.
* Mesh generation, engineering simulation, computer graphics or similar algorithm development experience.
* Passion for crafting robust and efficient code
*Preferred Qualifications *
* Experience in multi-threaded or distributed parallel programming
* Experience with cloud computing, containerized software and linux systems
* Understanding of customer requirements and other meshing tools
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work collaboratively on a geographically distributed team
*ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS *
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world’s most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
* Customer Focus
* Results and Accountability
* Transparency and Integrity
* Sense of Urgency
* Collaboration and Teamwork
*ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS*
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high – met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished.” And it’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 – finalist, and America’s Most Responsible Companies.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
*We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team. *
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.