Our Company Promise
We are committed to providing our Employees with a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided with the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Sales Analytics Spring 2024 Internship - Remote
The Analytics Team leads account level insights for Southwest Business. This Team is responsible for assisting account managers with data analysis, insights, and recommendations to drive increased revenue.
Southwest Airlines promises to provide Employees with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth.
We entrust our Interns to make an impact on their Team in real-time projects, work toward Company initiatives, and achieve our Purpose of connecting People to what's important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel, all while having fun and developing yourself as a future professional.
As an Intern, you can expect to:
- Join Southwest as a Spring 2024 Intern, with a 12-week internship lasting from January 30th through April 19th.
- Work fully remotely, with opportunities to connect with your Team and other workgroups virtually and potential to travel to visit our Dallas, TX Headquarters.
- Dedicate a minimum of 24 hours each week to your internship responsibilities and tasks, up to 40 hours a week. We recommend checking your spring schedule now to ensure availability.
- Receive an hourly pay of $22 and receive a one-time, $500 stipend on your first paycheck.
- Receive free, unlimited travel privileges for yourself.
- Interns will receive any required equipment, such as a laptop, for the internship.
- There is a limited group of states or localities ineligible for Employees to regularly perform their work off-site. Those ineligible locations are Alaska, California, Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Sales Analytics Intern may include but are not limited to:
- Gather data from various sources, including but not limited to, Account Managers, Salesforce, and Southwest Databases.
- Research and verify third-party data integrity.
- Scrub/format data and translate it into system-compatible format.
- Support Account Managers' meeting requests and needs.
- Leverage Salesforce to update account details, upload data, and manage tasks.
- Participate in ad hoc projects/analytics requests.
- Provide customized reporting and recommendations in support of ongoing business decisions or initiatives.
- Develop presentations with analytical results into presentable formats for all levels of management.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have US work authorization as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must have a valid US Social Security Number to complete the full hiring process.
- Progress towards a degree, major, or minor in Business, Management Information Systems, Business Analytics, or similar is required.
- Minimum Sophomore status. Can’t graduate prior to December 2023, unless already enrolled in a full-time graduate program.
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student.
- Must maintain a 2.5 or above cumulative GPA.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience with Salesforce, data analytics, SQL, Python, Microsoft Power BI, and Alteryx preferred.
- Experience using data visualization tools, such as Tableau, is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Work Style & Abilities:
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and the willingness to function as a part of a Team.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and complete assignments with tight deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work with a sense of urgency.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
Time Commitment and Pay:
- Required: Part-Time 24-40 hours a week
- Must maintain a consistent weekly schedule during normal business hours at a max of 8 hours per day and no fewer than 24 hours per week.
- Program Dates: January 30th - April 19th, 2024
- Pay: $22 per hour $500 one-time stipend on the first paycheck
To apply, please submit your application and resume for each role online at www.southwest.com/careers.
We are committed to helping individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensuring equal opportunity to apply and compete for jobs. If you need accommodation at any point in the hiring process due to a disability, please email the Accommodations Team or call 877-792-4792.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please print/save this job description as it won't be available after you apply.