We are looking for a BI Engineer to join our Analytics Engineering team and help us unlock our data and drive actionable insights across the org. Noom is a uniquely data-driven company, and our BI engineers play a key role in making that possible by bridging the gap between data engineering and data science.
Noom's engineering team is a mission-driven team, powered by science, technology, and world-class talent. As a senior team member, you will be at the forefront of our top challenges, solving complex technical problems centered around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- Basing your work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- Collaborating with a team both onsite and offsite -- about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote; we worry about results, not time spent in seats.
What We Look For
- You have 8 years of experience working in a BI engineer, Data analytics or BI developer role.
- You have expert-level SQL skills.
- Experience with building and maintaining data artifacts (e.g. ETL, data models, queries)
- 3 years of experience with one or more BI tools like Looker or Tableau.
- You possess excellent communication skills and excel at communicating data-driven insights to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of how to improve code quality and optimize BI processes (e.g. speed, cost, reliability)
- Experience with modern programming languages like python is a plus.
What Makes this Job Amazing
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- We're a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you'll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You'll get three weeks' paid vacation and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly (about 50% of our engineering team is fully remote). We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $187,000 - $253,000.
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting is based on Noom's estimate as of the date of publication and reflects the minimum and maximum target for the position across all US locations. The actual placement of the candidate within the range is based on factors including but not limited to relevant experience, assessment of functional skills and behavioral competencies, scope, and location. This range is not inclusive of any discretionary bonus or equity package.
Other Elements of the Rewards Package
- Noom currently offers a comprehensive and generous total rewards package. This package generally includes discretionary performance-based bonus, stock awards, healthcare & retirement benefits, paid holidays, paid time off, disability benefits and various wellness programs, etc.
- By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
- In-office Location: New York, NY, USA
- Remote location(s): United States.
- Your recruiter can share more about the specific compensation package for your preferred location during the hiring process
More About Noom:
At Noom, we believe that the individual is the greatest force for good, not just in their health but in unlocking their fullest potential. We apply the same principles inside Noom. Across our dynamic organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas and we start and end each day with responsibility to make the world a healthier place. Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain's have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune's lists for Best Workplaces in New York, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials.
Noom is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, caste, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Noom is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com.
To help protect against potential hiring scams, please be aware that all email communications from the Noom Talent team and/or hiring managers will come only from an @noom.com email address. Our assessment process includes multiple phone and/or video interview rounds, and we will never ask you for personal payment, require you to purchase equipment, or extend a job offer without the completion of this interview process. If you are unsure about the validity of a Noom job posting on another website, we strongly encourage you to instead apply directly through our website.
Show more Show less
Company name: Noom
Remote job title: Lead Business Intelligence Engineer
Job tags: ETL, recruiting, chef