Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we're on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We've got 13 million customers across the globe and we're growing. Fast. Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we're building a new one.
And, we need a Fullstack Developer to join our mission and help us build a global platform that's scalable, reliable and secure. We're working on lots of algorithmic challenges, and you'll dive right into projects on reconciliation, integrations, authorisations and authentications.
The Team: Compromised Accounts
Customer accounts are protected by best-in-class security that ensures only legitimate customers can set up, access & use their account. This means that they work on the features of our product to help protect our customers against scams and other forms of unauthorised usage of their account in order to keep their funds and details safe.The team works across our entire platform and stack to figure out where and when to apply security measures, and collaborates heavily with other teams to deliver them for our customers as part of a seamless experience.
What does it take?:
- A strong product mindset and passion for user experience, you prioritise work with the customers in mind and make data-driven decisions to fix customer pain-points
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases, query optimisation and designing schemas
- You enjoy writing testable code and believe in Test Driven Development
- You have solid Java 8 plus knowledge, experience with Spring framework and database abstraction layers like Hibernate
- You believe in and follow best coding practices, code reviews and open feedback
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and Distributed and Concurrent Systems
- Hands on knowledge of system integration patterns
What does success look like?
- You'll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and tribe vision and how you can contribute
- You'll understand how our values can help you guide your work
- You'll understand the reasons behind problematic payments and customer difficulties and how to go about solving them
- You'll be raising the automation level to enable scaling of the product
- Understand our customers and the impact our product makes in their lives
- You'll help us scale-up and build a world class money transfer product by finding solutions to our technical challenges and opportunities
What you get back:
- RSU's in a growing company
- An annual self-development budget
- Pet friendly offices
- Lots of fun group activities like yoga, running and boardgame nights
- Relocation and visa expenses covered
- A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- Find out more about our benefits in our London office.
We're people without borders - without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you've got great experience, the right skills for the role and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Fullstack Engineer London
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy