11 Point Checklist To Hire Remote Unity Developers
Whether it's the lack of understanding of the software development world in general, or an inability to communicate with remote developers effectively, there are many reasons why people make bad hires.
This article will provide some strong guidelines on how best to hire remote Unity developers and avoid some common pitfalls that can lead to frustration and wasted time on both ends. We also recommend How To Write A Remote Job Description (Includes Examples) to get things started.
What Is Unity?
Unity is a powerful game engine that enables developers to create 3D projects in real-time across desktop, console, and mobile platforms. Here's what you can create using Unity:
- Virtual Reality (VR) applications for HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, and others
- Console games like Macross Delta Scramble which was released on the PS Vita system in Japan. It is also available worldwide via Steam
- Mobile Games such as Pokemon Go that utilize Apple's ARKit to really
- Augmented Reality applications, such as Pokémon Go or Snapchat Stories
- Corporate training software designed for HR Departments
- Social VR platforms like Facebook's Oculus Rift let you explore virtual worlds while wearing headsets. Allowing friends who don't live nearby to visit each others' homes virtually without ever leaving home!
In a world where most software developers use coding as their medium of expression, Unity is an intriguing alternative.
The game engine doesn't rely on coding in the way you might expect from any old developer - instead, it handles that part itself and focuses on gameplay development for developers to do with what they need.
Unity is an intuitive, flexible, and powerful 3D development tool that doesn't require coding. You can modify Unity's code through MonoCode or the Unity text editor with a basic understanding of C# - but it still has some pretty awesome features for those who do not want to learn how!
Why Use Unity?
Unity is a useful tool that can be used by anyone who wants to create games, videos, or other forms of media.
In particular, Unity has been optimized for the following: Organization and efficiency - Use a visual editor to switch between different scenes in your project quickly instead of doing everything through code Only load what you need when it's needed - Efficient memory usage means your game won't crash due to lack of resources Save time and money by creating only one version of the project across multiple platforms.
There are 3 reasons why Unity is so popular.
#1 Unity is a simple and accessible platform
First, it's an extremely simple and accessible platform to use for beginners with no coding knowledge or experience. There are many training materials available online that can help you learn the software in a very short period. It also has been used by hundreds of thousands of developers worldwide!
#2 Unity is Free
Unity is a free platform to use, and it can be downloaded from the website.
In-app purchases are also available for users who need more functionality inside of Unity - but you don't have to pay anything to get started with your project! We recommend that all beginners download the software before purchasing any additional features so they understand what they are getting into before spending any money.
Using Unity, you can deploy your games to all of these platforms with a few clicks! You won't have to use different software or hire someone else just so they can configure the game for each platform. This is very convenient if you are looking to release your content on many devices at once - which has become essential in today's market.
Unity is compatible with all major gaming consoles and mobile devices, including:
- Microsoft Xbox One
- Sony PS Vita
- Nintendo Wii U
- Apple iOS
- Google Android devices
- and many more!
What Is a Remote Unity Developer?
Let's get to the good stuff! A remote Unity developer is a game developer who uses and lives in their own country/city while your office is located elsewhere.
Remote Unity developers have a lot of experience using Unity. They are great at what they do because it's all that they do - which means you can trust them to deliver! These professionals also work independently so your company doesn't need to directly supervise their work.
What are the benefits of Hiring a Remote Unity Developer?
A remote Unity developer can help you get your project off the ground quickly by offering their skills and expertise.
The last thing you want to do is hire someone who doesn't understand what they are doing or needs constant supervision - this will cost more money, take up more time, and potentially delay the production of your game!
1. Hiring a remote developer is an efficient way to hire the right person for your game project.
When hiring remote, you have access to a larger pool of candidates than you would if you were just hiring locally.
Many game developers want to work remotely, so your options will be wider and the competition less intense - which means it's much easier for you to find a candidate that fits all of your qualifications!
2. You can save money by hiring remotely and not having to relocate them
The biggest benefit of hiring a remote Unity developer is that you can hire them without having to pay for relocation or going through the hassle of providing an office space!
Remote workers tend to have lower wages, so it's easier on your budget as well - and since they are working from home, you don't need to worry about providing them with a desk or any other amenities.
3. Hiring a remote developer saves you money on overhead costs
A great thing about hiring remotely is that you don't need to provide your developer with any equipment or furniture.
This saves you hundreds of dollars on overhead costs, which can be used elsewhere in the company! You will also save money by not needing an office space for them - so it's a win-win all around.
4. There's no commute, so they're more productive and less stressed out
There are no distractions when working from home.
Your developer can get right to work without having to worry about driving or commuting - which means they will be more focused on your project and less stressed out! A remote Unity developer is a great choice if you want someone who works independently while hitting all of their deadlines.
5. Working remotely is an increasingly popular choice for people who want flexibility in their lives
With remote work on the rise, many people want to live in a place where they feel comfortable but also have the freedom to travel or choose their hours.
Remote unity developers can help you get your project off of the ground quickly by providing these benefits!
6. It's easier for remote developers to focus on one task without interruptions from co-workers
It can be difficult to get into the flow of things when you're constantly interrupted by co-workers and managers.
A Unity developer who works remotely will avoid this problem because they have fewer distractions from other people in the office.
This makes it easier for them to focus on what needs to get done, which means your project is more likely to come out the way you want it!
7. Working remotely helps reduce your carbon footprint and is better for the environment
The environment is a big priority for many people today, and working remotely helps reduce your carbon footprint.
Not having to commute means that you're not polluting the air as much - which is good news for everyone! Working from home also has the added benefit of being healthier since it's easier to stay active at home without commuting every day.
Where to find Unity Developers who work remotely?
Start by posting a job listing for what you need, and then filter through the responses to find someone with relevant experience your project requires!
11 Point Checklist to Hire a Remote Unity Developer
Hiring a remote Unity developer is an efficient and cost-effective way for companies to get their projects up and running. Here are 11 things to consider when hiring a remote Unity developer:
- Find the best talent for your project with the ideal skill set and experience
- Compare and contrast your options by consulting their portfolios and examples of previous work
- Kick off the remote hiring process with a job listing to attract qualified Unity developers looking for work
- Assess personal traits such as communication skills, team fit, etc. in an interview or phone call before making any decisions about them
- Consider scheduling more than one job interview to see how the candidate interacts with your team
- Evaluate their experience using Unity by asking them specific questions about what they have built and accomplished, etc.
- Hire a remote developer who is familiar with working from home so you don't need to worry about any additional expenses like buying equipment or furniture for them
- Hire a remote developer who has worked on projects that are similar or relevant to yours so they have experience working with those technologies as well as Unity.
- Consider hiring a remote developer who is already familiar with other team members and can work independently from day one rather than training them on how things need to be done
- You should also find someone who has a clear understanding of the company's goals and your development team
- Lastly, make sure to give them as much information about your project as possible before they begin so you can easily stay in touch throughout the process
We hope that this article has helped you to understand the 11 point checklist for hiring remote Unity developers.
It is important to hire someone who will be a good fit with your company, so it's best to take time and do thorough research before making any decisions. After all, once they are on board, they'll be responsible for an essential part of your business!