Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, SBT (UTC 11)
, GMT (UTC 0)
, CET (UTC 1)
, EET (UTC 2)
, MSK (UTC 3)
Help us build meaningful software in healthcare used by doctors, patients, and researchers worldwide.
Doxy.me is the simple, free, and secure telemedicine solution used by over 1 million healthcare providers worldwide. Our mission is to eliminate barriers to telemedicine like cost and accessibility, so we are constantly striving to make doxy.me more accessible to everyone, everywhere. With over 350,000 telemedicine calls made through our platform every day, there are millions of people relying on us to simplify their healthcare services.
- Collaborative. We have multiple cross-functional teams that work together to make our platform the best it can be. Our engineers enjoy being involved in identifying problems and exploring potential solutions.
- Empathetic. We listen to and strive to understand the patients and providers that depend on our work. Millions of people depend on our products to solve their very real health problems every day!
- Empowering. We are building products, where your ideas and expertise can help revolutionize the healthcare industry. We encourage our engineers to spearhead projects and ideas. Our employees have the power to create change!
We are seeking a Principal Frontend Engineer motivated by unique, interesting, meaningful challenges in the healthcare sector. We help doctors provide remote medical care, researchers collect structured data, the general public understand the personal risks of disease, and much much more.
What Will You Do
- In collaboration with other excellent engineers, re-architect and rebuild the core of the doxy.me Call Experience according to modern technical standards.
- As part of the cross-functional Call Experience Product Team, ensure that the doxy.me Call Experience delivered to users meets their needs and expectations.
- Work on a cross-team level to make changes to code to modernize frontend and backend systems
- Write documentation for concepts that are hard(er) to understand, and share that with the team
- Implement security, resilience, and scalability changes to the codebase
- Perform code reviews and approval of changes
- Become proficient with WebRTC technology and CPaaS, or improve your knowledge and experience
- Participate in LeSS process and Scrum ceremonies
- Strong, modern frontend web development experience with React/Redux and Typescript.
- Proven experience working on mature, heavily used web-based products and services.
- Focused on quality, creating code that is readable, scalable and secure.
- Discipline to test changes thoroughly, including authoring of automated tests.
Will be an advantage:
- Any expertise with WebRTC technology and/or API of CPaaS (e.g. Vonage, Twilio, etc.)
- Being up to date with the latest frontend and real-time technologies and patterns, and enjoy sharing what you've learned.
- Benefits: 20 days paid time off, sick leave, flexible public holidays, extensive educational program, Macbook, health insurance, remote working environment
- Doxy.me tech stack:
- React, Node.js, Typescript, WebRTC, Nx, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, AngularJS
- 3rd party: Vonage, Pubnub, Segment, Twilio, Stripe
- Our products:
- Doxy.me: The simple, free, and secure telemedicine solution currently used by over 1,000,000 doctors worldwide and helping over 350,000 patients/day.
- dokbot.io: Patient-focused data collection for healthcare.
- ItRunsInMyFamily.com: Using health history to identify the risks of cancer and other diseases that run in families
- Our team: technologists, academics, researchers, and innovators from all over the world. English is the language used in all internal communication.
- To ensure HIPAA compliance we perform background checks after extending a job offer.