Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Position Title: Front End Engineer
Reports to: CEO
Position Location: Remote
Politech is the company behind Blocks, a SaaS web application for effective political advocacy. We help organizations manage and realize their policy goals by providing them with tools that assist them in tasks such as voter registration, grassroots organizing, and outreach. Our primary focus has been to assist progressive organizations that advocate on behalf of underserved communities. Our software platform has been a vital part of keeping such organizations successful and efficient.
Who We Are
We are deeply committed to public service and progressive social change. We are 100% minority owned and operated with a diverse team, inclusive of gender, ethnicity, and race.
Politech seeks an experienced Front End Engineer to join our team. We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills who will work as a team player and a self-starter. This position will work directly with the other developers and report directly to the CEO.
The individual should be highly motivated to make a difference and to move progressive issues forward. Our employees’ opinions matter to us for the success of the company and we want you to bring creative solutions to make our work better for our clients. Interest and understanding of politics and campaigns is a plus, but not required.
We strongly encourage a work environment centered on open communication and conscientiousness. Our team is 100% remote with members from all over the country. We expect our employees to set their own schedules and find their preferred way to stay productive without sacrificing their work-life balance.
We are a fully remote team so you will need to be flexible to work with staff in different time zones when requested.
- Implement new functionality and upgrade existing features, diagnose in our SaaS platform
- Work closely with our designer to implement user friendly designs in React and SCSS
- Work closely with back-end team members to architect API contracts between the FE and BE
- Weigh pros and cons of various technical implementations during planning phases
- Diagnose potential bugs and determine the best course of action to resolve them
- Participate in technical and product discussions with the team.
- Experience building data-driven React applications backed by REST APIs
- Experience breaking down feature requests into technical implementations, including time estimates
- A strong understanding of React state management patterns
- Proficient with Git, Github and peer code reviews
- Proficient in written communication and eloquent in describing complex concepts
- Experience working on SaaS platforms
- Experience in the political advocacy field
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails or Elixir (or willingness to learn)
- You care about design and user experience
- You think in systems. You’re conscious of making our codebase more modular, reusable, and composable
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with knowledge, experience, and qualifications.
Politech is an Equal Opportunity Employer that greatly values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply