Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
CloudZero’s mission is to make efficient innovation a reality for every cloud-driven organization.
To solve this problem we’ve built a platform on AWS focused on leveraging Serverless technologies to create a scalable event-driven architecture. We ingest and normalize millions of events from customer environments in real-time, leveraging technologies such as Lambda, EventBridge, and DynamoDB among others to bring insights to our customers about how their cloud infrastructure costs are changing over time.
We are looking for people with a passion for building cloud-native architectures that are scalable and maintainable. We’re looking for people who are comfortable leveraging cloud services when building solutions so that you can focus on solving customer problems.
Lastly, we’re looking for people who enjoy working on small teams on hard problems. We are organized into small cross-functional teams that use a Kanban flow to collaboratively design, build, validate, ship, and maintain customer-facing features.
Our engineering team values lifelong learning and holding a growth mindset. A core part of our engineering culture is inclusiveness, we believe great teams are made up of people from diverse backgrounds and walks of life working together. We are a fully remote company with engineers scattered throughout the US.
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services, and systems for our main application.
- Collaborate with other engineers on your small feature team to build out new customer features.
- Maintain and improve our main data pipelines that handle billions of updates a day.
- Help improve our engineering processes and system to ensure we have a group that can move fast and give everyone agency, ownership, and the ability to impact the success of the company.
You might be a great fit if you:
- Enjoy and have 5 years of experience building APIs and complex backend systems in the cloud.
- Have experience managing and manipulating data at scale.
- Have a passion for building and delivering high-quality software. Our backend code is in Python, so you’ll have to be comfortable with Python.
- Are comfortable working 9-5 EST, we have a fair amount of flexibility for people to get their work done whenever works for them, but our core hours are Eastern Timezone.
- Write code that is understandable, testable, and care about maintainability.
- Are passionate about design patterns and pragmatically applying theory into practice when architecting out systems and code.
- Enjoy creating solutions that have a noticeable impact on the end-user, we believe our platform will help other engineers out there make better solutions when working in the cloud.
- Prefer small collaborative teams that iterate fast, as we are a small team that values transparency and fast iterations over planning out months of work.