Our team is growing and we are looking for a genuine team player who can proactively share best practices and ideas to improve the Product Team.
- Full-Time, Permanent Role
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
We are the fastest-growing car-sharing network in Australia, and we’re on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport. Since 2012, we’ve grown our community to more than 5,000 cars being shared with over 250,000 members achieving triple-digit growth each and every year. Our recent acquisition by Uber has created an amazing opportunity for us to combine our car-sharing community with Uber’s mobility platform, providing a complete alternative to car ownership.
About the role
Our team is growing and we are looking for a genuine team player who can proactively share best practices and ideas to improve the Product Team’s systems and performance.
We are in need of a Senior Full-Stack Engineer who is ready to help unblock current and potential issues and likewise ask for help when stuck. We want someone who is proactive and tenacious and can keep the momentum moving on projects, despite technical roadblocks.
Your day to day role will include:
- Writing and reviewing code and automated tests
- Working with product managers and designers to ensure requirements are optimised for the technical environment
- Leading/participating in software engineering projects through to release
- Supporting the production systems
- Identifying and actioning areas for system improvements and the reduction of technical debt
- Sharing skills and best practices amongst team members
- 3 years' commercial software development experience (with at least two years Ruby on Rails)
- A focus on detail including automated tests and documenting your code
- Experience debugging and optimising web applications for speed and scale
- An agile mindset and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Pride in your work and a desire to contribute to a small team of dedicated and talented people
- An understanding of what we're doing (and why) and a passion to get involved
Why Work For Car Next Door
Apart from the opportunity to work on an exciting super fast growing successful business that has a clear mission and strong value system you will enjoy:
- Competitive Remuneration
- Flexibility as a remote worker to decide where you work and effective well-established tools to ensure collaboration across the team
- Monthly Uber Credits to be used for ride-sharing or Eats
- Yearly Wellbeing allowance
- Monthly Phone Allowance
- 4.5 months Paid Parental Leave
- (If in Sydney/Melbourne) Access to the Uber offices and facilities (lunch and snacks provided - did someone say Kombucha?)
- Learning & Development Allowance - to be used for formal training, or attending conferences/networking events, etc.
- Substantial career opportunities as we continue to grow and scale within the team and across the business.
- Positive, growth-orientated personal development plans.
At Car Next Door, we value all people for who they are and what they bring to our community. We encourage our employees to be their genuine authentic selves and know that our team, our product, and our members’ experiences are enhanced by the diversity of perspectives of everyone who works at Car Next Door. We offer equal opportunities to all applicants and promote merit and fairness in our employment practices. If you’re passionate about working with a team that is doing something amazing for our community and the environment, come as you are!