Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, ART (UTC -3)
, UTC -4
, UTC -4:30
, UTC -3
, UTC -2
, SBT (UTC 11)
, GMT (UTC 0)
, CET (UTC 1)
, EET (UTC 2)
, MSK (UTC 3)
, AST (UTC -4)
, FKST (UTC -3)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
We are looking for a Development Manager to lead and develop the technical function of Jack's Flight Club. We need a commercially experienced senior engineer who can build both an effective team and a modern, robust technology platform. You’ll be delivering digital services and mobile applications for over 1,000,000 members and internal users.
You’ll be expected to provide leadership, management, coaching and technical expertise for a small team of developers. We’ll look to you to develop the technical vision, standards and working practices for the team as well as working on technical architecture, design and estimation sessions, brainstorming solutions and approaches to business problems.
- MongoDB, Redis (cache) and Node.js API backend
- Angular web applications for internal tools and consumer facing services
- React-Native Mobile app for iOS and Android
We also work with a range of third party service providers to provide tools and services via APIs and automations.
You’ll be part of the senior team so expected to work closely with other teams and contribute to our overall commercial strategy.
You must have at least 4 years of commercial experience as a software developer, at least 2 of which with line management experience of developers. You should be able to demonstrate professional competence with:
- Amazon AWS, Elastic beanstalk, S3, MongoDB, Redis, Lambda functions
- Experience building and managing CI Pipelines & Customised Docker images
- Node.js Express package and all its most common packages to handle and build RESTful API projects and services
- API and microservices architectures
- Knowledge of DNS, Cloudflare or any other similar caching or protection proxy
Although we have team members all over the world, English is the company’s first language, so you must have fluent conversational and technical spoken and written English language skills.
We’d like it if you also have some of the following:
- Experience working with remote, distributed development teams
- Experience with commerce platforms and working with high volumes of data events for logging and analysis
- Can show you have a passion for code and technology e.g. contributing to open source projects or developing apps yourself
- A willingness to learn new things and implement latest technologies
- An interest in travel
We're looking for someone able to work UK/Western Europe business hours with at least 6 hours overlap.
In later stages, the recruitment process will include a skills assessment and coding tasks.
You’ll be joining a small software engineering team working fully remotely so you’ll need to be comfortable working independently, able to self-organise and be disciplined in your working practices.
It can be hard to work remotely, so you’ll need to be committed to great communication, willing to suggest and make changes and improvements that make you and the team better every day.
Salary and Perks
✈️ Paid time off - Want to reconnect with why you love travel deals or just time to veg out? You’ll get 20 days of paid leave (plus paid public holidays) to rest and recharge
✈️ Professional development - We work with you to grow your skills and will foot the bill on reading material to help you get there
✈️ Tech Bonus - Spruce up your home office with a new desk, fancy external hard drive, or getting that exotic house plant you’ve been eyeing is now possible, on us
✈️ Drama-free workplace - Open communication at all levels and no office politics, so you only have to focus on doing what needs doing 🙂
✈️ Prioritize work/life balance - We know that sometimes life takes place in the 9-5, so we don't mind if you take breaks to run to the bank or adjust your schedule around a softball game
✈️ Help shape our team for the better - You have a chance to contribute in a big way, to an established profitable scale up business and build a better company with us
✈️ Multicultural workplace - Work with people all over the world, so you'll never know where your teammate will be logging in from next!
✈️ Family Leave - Time to adjust to new additions (and learn a new normal) is important, which is why we offer both parents paid time off
The salary and benefits we can offer may vary depending on your experience and tax residency.