Time zones: GMT (UTC 0)
, CET (UTC 1)
, EET (UTC 2)
, AST (UTC -4)
, FKST (UTC -3)
Telicent is hiring a front-end engineer to help implement our groundbreaking open source data transformation platform and web apps.
Our all-new secure platform enables customers to extricate themselves from architectural patterns that stifle change. We do this by unlocking data and creating frictionless integration for next generation applications. This solves significant interoperability issues for organisations with complex data needs, creating freedom for adaptability, innovation, new integrations and progress, underpinned by data governance.
To compliment the platform's rich functionality, and to accelerate customer engagement and innovation, we're building all-new platform-native web apps around data management and data visualisation. These highly visual and interactive apps will join a no/low code app ecosystem where third party apps can leverage the platform.
We're ready for a further front-end colleague to join us. We're pre-beta and so it's great timing for you to make a positive impact as we capture and implement ways users can interact with our platform and apps, releasing capabilities in data previously impossible.
You'll be encouraged to explore responsibilities, to grow, and to maintain a healthy curiosity for front-end tech and for finding better ways of working with software.
- Prototyping, MVP and implementation of all-new web apps that manage, represent and visualise data (you'll be supported on design and UX aspects) - e.g. utilising D3, Cytoscape, Plotly
- Breaking new ground in the visualisation of graph data, allowing complex graphs to be displayed and manipulated more creatively and intuitively
- Collaborating with back-end colleagues, to implement the platform's tools, consoles and dashboards
- Establishing best practises for user interaction and feedback, and ensuring consistent implementation across the apps
- Identifying improvements to the front-end architecture to promote and facilitate reuse and consistency
- Automating front-end testing
- Supporting dialogue with customers, working directly with end users
- Helping establish our engineering culture, our methods and tooling
We're looking for
- Someone ready to contribute to architectural, engineering and layout discussions, implementing effective solutions that empower users to achieve what they need
- Strong front-end coding skills, applied to high quality software products
- Ability to mentor less-experienced colleagues on front-end good practice and self-improvement
- User empathy, and an appreciation of ergonomics for beautiful and useful applications
- Ability to unpack complex requirements, to uphold security of sensitive data and to conform to best practises
- A collaborative, adaptable, user-centred approach
- A strong understanding of software engineering principles and technology agnostic,
- Good familiarity with GraphQL and REST - could implement an API
Current ecosystem - we'll welcome your influence
Salary and benefits
- £60,000 - £90,000 we're keeping an open mind
- EMI share scheme
- 28 days holiday bank holidays can carry over 13 days
- A company that values work-life balance, personal development and sustainable workloads
- Flexible working, the hours that suit you (daily stand-up 9:30am)
- Your preferred work location: remote, hybrid, or from a shared office space
- Optional part-time working, let us know what you need
- Online learning budget, encouraged to attend talks, conferences
- Fast MacBook Pro/machine, plus support on home office costs, bandwidth etc.
- Regular team socials and outings, within work hours or time in lieu
We're a privately funded start-up in stealth mode, founded by people with deep expertise in data transformation, knowledge management and enterprise architectures. We're building something transformative, a first-of-its kind.
Founded in 2020, we're already working on some of the most exciting technology projects in the UK. From smarter cities and infrastructure transformation to initiatives modelling the consequences of climate change. From defence technology accelerators to contributing to the latest Open Data standards, we're at the forefront of the innovation landscape and our products are helping customers reimagine how they operate, perform and realise their ambitions.
It's an opportunity to become a formative team member of an enterprise-grade platform core team, where you'll have a voice and be listened to, and where you can enjoy healthy amounts of support, progression and autonomy in your work across large aspects of our code base. You'll find us open, honest and supportive, keen to help you succeed in your new role. https://www.telicent.io/
Hiring process: informal chat, technical interview, offer/outcome (all remote)
Location: you choose - remote, hybrid, or from shared office space - plus we'll get the team/squads together in person most months, likely in London, expensed.
Please note: we can only consider applicants that have an established right to work in the UK. We will also undertake background checks, as a precursor to employment.
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Vittoria at techfolk to find out more.
RECRUITERS: Telicent has selected techfolk as its recruitment partner for this position and cold calling or speculative applications are not welcomed.