ConvertKit is a creator marketing platform built to empower creators to earn a living online. We help them own their audience and turn fans into customers. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
We’re on a mission to help creators earn $1 billion using our SaaS marketing platform. We have always been 100% independent and 100% remote. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, that 25,000 creators use to earn a living, and we look for people who have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values to join our team.
The ConvertKit culture is one where emotional intelligence is valued, radical candor is encouraged, and where everyone works together to uphold a set of shared team principles.
We are hiring a software engineer that enjoys the product side of product development; an engineer that has empathy for the Creators that we serve. The engineer will be joining our Onboarding Squad, which is responsible for guiding Creators to the tools they need in order to achieve their success. This squad works with a high level of experimentation and refinement to maximize impact on business and onboarding metrics.
This role is remote - you can live anywhere, but you must work
in US or EMEA time zones. To learn more about how our engineering team works, peruse our engineering blog.
The right person has:
- Previous experience writing code that is accessible, scalable, maintainable, and performant
- A keen interest in working closely with Product and Engineering managers on prioritization. That includes analyzing risks and dependencies for proposed features, and providing insight into scope we can cut while still meeting business goals
- Experience utilizing experimentation that drives learning as well as business outcomes
- A commitment to mentoring and teaching other engineers formally and informally
- Experience with our stack (React/Rails)
- At least 5-7 years building software in a team environment
- Comfort working remotely in an autonomous and somewhat async environment
- Belief in our mission, vision, and values
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. We have six engineering levels. For this role, we’re hiring at a level 4 ($166,500). The level is based upon your experience, our interview process, and our engineering matrix.
Other benefits include:
- Profit Sharing - Learn about profit sharing and compensation at ConvertKit
- Four weeks paid vacation
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus for taking five consecutive days of vacation, fully unplugged from work
- 10 paid holidays in addition to the vacation time outlined above
- Four-week, paid sabbatical after five years with the team
- Two weeks of paid sick mental health and wellbeing time per year
- Up to six weeks of paid bereavement leave, medical leave, and disaster after six months of employment, two weeks of each paid leave in your first six months
- 12 weeks paid parental leave and flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Monthly medical benefits up to $1,600 a month toward premiums. Dental and vision premiums covered 100%
- 401k with a 5% match
- Childcare benefit coming in Q1 2022
- $4,000 equipment allowance for your first two years, $2,500 budget every following two years (US employees only)
- Individual learning & development budget
- The team gathers twice a year for fantastic virtual or in-person retreats
How to Apply
We know that most people hate interviewing (we relate!). We aim to make it as good an experience as we can, and part of that includes keeping you informed during the process.
Here’s what the full set of steps looks like:
- Written application
- A phone screen with someone on the hiring team
- A short, 2-hour coding and writing assignment
- A technical interview to discuss the homework assignment and your technical knowledge
- A culture contribution interview
To get started, complete this application. We read every single application, and your responses to our application questions help put your experience into context.