Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
We are hiring within the United States Canada!
Are you a Senior Full-Stack Engineer with experience building API integrations? For this role, we are seeking individuals with strong full-stack software engineering skills, but also with a curiosity for systems, a proclivity for end-to-end ownership of features, a “get it done” attitude, and high integrity. We believe that someone with this combination will unlock new ideas and solutions for our product and thrive in our team. This means being able to work across the entire stack when needed, working with partners, and setting the long-term technical direction for new products.
What You Will Do
- Help distill the core interactions a customer of Finch will need to be successful in using our product, from the homepage, to the developer dashboard, to documentation centers and SDKs
- Ship code that improves the developer experience, including the homepage, developer dashboard, Connect, SDKs, and the documentation center
- Build frontend and backend components that improve the Finch integration experience
- Commit on your first day, and deploy code continuously
- Support developers at customer companies
- Work with our product ops, design, and sales teams
- Mentor junior engineers
- Communicate ideas and specifications through detailed, precise writing
- Influence the culture, values, and processes of a growing engineering team
Who You Are
- 5 years of experience as an individual contributor with modern front-end frameworks like React, Angular, Elm, Vue, etc.
- Have a strong demonstrated ability to ship high-quality products, both at work and outside of work. We love engineers that build side-projects or contribute to open-source repos
- A passion for trying out APIs and a taste for good developer experience
- Able to think through customer requirements and prioritize what is a must-have, nice-to-have, or irrelevant
- Have a strong technical skillset but also the willingness and ability to take over tasks outside your core competency
Nice to Haves
- Previous founding experience
- Experience working at an API company or on an external facing API team.
- An itch to start a company in the future. We will invest in you!
- Work from home budget
- Health/Dental/Vision premiums covered
- Unlimited vacation policy (with mandatory minimums)
- Paid lunches
- Wellness stipend
- Book and education budget
- Semester offsite company trips
Finch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.