"It’s one of the best places I’ve ever worked." -Amy Dutton, Director of Design
At ZEAL, we build innovative products and solutions across teams and industries. The problems we solve are interesting, dynamic, and varied. You'll work alongside design, consultancy, and leadership teams that are nimble, collaborative, fun, and made up of great people.
Connection and culture are everything at ZEAL and we are committed to inclusion, diversity and belonging in measurable impactful ways. Learn more about our approach to our work and our team, here: https://bit.ly/2TJcCS2.
Our interview process is entirely remote, simple, and transparent.
- As soon as you apply you'll get an email confirming that we got your application.
- Someone will review your application for some basic requirements (which are also listed on the application). We try to do this within 1-2 days of your application.
- Next we'll schedule a short interview with someone, likely your future manager. This typically won't take more than 60 minutes. By the end of this interview you’ll know about all of our benefits, how we work, and how much we pay.
- If it makes sense to move forward, we'll pair you with a couple of our engineers to work on some code we use for interviews. These are back-to-back 45-minute sessions with 2 different engineers, typically. It’s not a quiz, or a test of your knowledge of algorithms and data structures. We want you to see what it would be like to work with us, and us with you. There is no take-home work. These take place over Zoom and require a reliable computer and internet connection.
- And finally, we review the feedback from the engineers, check your references, and extend an offer, if all looks good.
In This Role, You Will:
- Craft amazing web and mobile products, experiences, and solutions
- Play an influential role in building end-to-end solutions with the ZEAL team and our clients
- Work with incredible designers and technologists to solve complex and interesting problems
- Make a direct impact on the ZEAL company and our vision
In This Role, You Will NEVER:
- Work more than 40 hours in a week - ever
- Wear a pager
- Be expected to reply to messages outside of work hours
- Be responsible for “finding work” or sales - we have people for that
- Understanding of modern web and mobile application best practices with a desire to delight your users
- At least 2 years of professional experience using one or more backends based on Ruby on Rails or Node
- Solid knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- A strong desire to share what you know and help others get better at your craft
- Experience working closely with other developers, particularly through pair programming
- Experience writing tests for your code, unit, functional, integration, etc.
- Knowledge of document databases
- Experience with GraphQL
- Elixir capability
- Comfort with pair-programming
- Dev-Ops or experience with cloud platforms
- UI/UX design experience
- Blockchain, Web3, VR, AR interests
- Comfort with Test Driven Development
- Human, dog, and remote-friendly culture
- An experienced team and leadership invested in your career and growth
- Flexible PTO
- Ability to develop your side hustle into direct impact (podcasts, streams, youtube, etc)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k, Maternity & Parental Leave
- Contribution and discounts for wellness-related activities, learning programs, trainings, and more.
Our work style is very collaborative, often working closely with clients, their product owners, and their engineers. Pairing regularly and collaborating remotely are core to our work. The remote experience is very important to us so we're always looking for ways to make it better.
If you're interested in the role, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to chat and learn more about you!
***** We apologize in advance that we are not able to accept international candidates for this opening at this time. You must be located in the United States of America.***