We are a closely-held web and mobile application development firm and we are looking for a driven back-end engineer with an emphasis in .NET. Are you experienced and current in your .NET development skills, especially .NET Core? Dig REST-based WebAPI services decoupled from the front end? Looking for a no-politics zone to do your best work? Mercury is the place for you!
The back-end engineer will be engaged in a range of web application development including:
- .NET Core-based application development for web-based business applications
- Construction of REST-based service layers for use across a range of consumers
- Database development, data layer architecture and data reporting/intelligence
Skills & Requirements
The position requires a high level of .NET development proficiency in C#, MVC, WebAPI, SQL Server, Entity Framework and the other usual suspects. The .NET Developer will work with Scrum Product Owners, solution architects and interface designers/developers to ship quality applications.
Mercury's back-end engineers possess strong skills in the above technologies and just as importantly design patterns, common development frameworks and unit/integration testing. Some level of experience with or exposure to Node.js and React is also helpful (at Mercury we believe in T-shaped skills). A passion for DRY, SOLID and SRP is also pretty darn important
At Mercury you will:
- Collaborate with a Scrum team to deliver software product in a fast-paced client services role
- Develop enterprise-grade .NET applications built for the web
- Write RESTful APIs for front end developers to consume
- Deploy solutions to the cloud including Azure and AWS
- Help solve business problems with data-oriented applications
What Kind of Projects Will You Work On?
- Internal business applications/system for a regional logistics company
- Integration with and new functionality for Fortune 500 ecommerce application
- Web and collaboration applications for the Southeast's fastest growing commercial real estate firms
- Data dashboards, drill down business intelligence reports and reporting for global professional services firms
How to Know If You're A Fit
If any of the following excites you, we definitely want to talk to you!
- Channel 9
This Is A Remote-Friendly Position
Mercury is a distributed workforce with developers and designers located throughout the United States. We are open to applicants located anywhere in the continental United States (we find all team members being within 3 time zones of each other best for collaboration) and also Tampa Bay-based developers.