Your role ????
Tackle convoluted problems and develop clean, stable solutions that scale. The ideal candidate would be someone who has a genuine passion for designing and implementing elegant software solutions. They would also be intimately familiar (and up to date) with their development ecosystem for making sound decisions when it comes to choosing the right tool or library for the job. We expect our engineers to be able to contribute across the entire product stack, as well as collectively oversee the integrity of the codebase.
Your responsibilities ????
In this role you’ll be:
- Writing scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
- Translating software requirements into stable, working, high-performance software
- Playing a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward efficient microservices distributed architecture
Within 1 month you'll:
- Introduce an important architectural improvement to our Go codebase
- Fix two thorny unfixed bugs, which the team otherwise could not have done
Within 3 months you'll:
- Help other web backend engineers say they’re learning a lot and are more productive because of you
- Have helped us build new features quicker than we otherwise would have - our velocity has increased significantly
Within 6 months you'll:
- Help introduce significant new features which radically improve our product.
- Impact the quality of the product, getting to the point where we fix all bugs and are improving performance metrics
- Be proud of the product and the codebase
Your qualifications ????????
What we need to see:
- Experience developing, monitoring, and improving microservice architectures
- Knowledge of designing and implementing public and private APIs (gRPC/REST)
- Experience with CI/CD
- Stellar communication skills in English
What we’d love to see:
- Strong knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms (we are open to candidates who have strong programming knowledge in other languages but want to work in Go!)
- Knowledge of security and/or devops best practices
Your tool stack ????
Mac. Chrome. Even… Windows. Choose the hardware that helps you work best. We’ll also support whatever software you need. From Miro to Slack and everything in between.
- gRPC (Protocol buffers)
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- Docker, Kubernetes
Your people ????
Forget office-based culture. This is people-first culture. We’re real. We never wait. We care deeply. About building better for our customers and each other. About doing something that’s never been done before. Here, you can work with people at the top of their game, who didn’t get there by playing games. You can help us change business, change banking, change the world – wherever in the world you may be.
Your benefits ????
We’re born remote-first. Transparent. Caring. Empowering. So our benefits are too.
The good stuff:
- Hello work. Meet freedom. Join us anywhere within 6 hours of Sweden.
- Swap 2D for 3D. Meet the team IRL at fun onsites every quarter.
- Work with the best people for the job. Not the best people within 1 hour’s commute.
- Diversity is at our core. We’re part Swedish. Part British. Part French. Part Italian. Part Hungarian. Part Canadian. Part Spanish. You get the idea.
- Great players can stay great players. Progress your career whether you choose to manage people or not.
- Get support to switch things up. People change. Careers can too.
The really good stuff:
- Happiness stipend. The best things in life are free. But money can buy you a herd of puppies. Get €8,500 per year to spend on whatever makes you happy.
- Work al desko. Get €500 a month towards a co-working space.
- Stock options. We can’t promise you’ll make a fortune. But we’ll give it our very best shot.
- Vacation days. At least 30 per year as standard. Awesome.
- Global health insurance. You know. Just in case.
- Get sick? No stress. Feel better with unlimited sick leave.
Free your nine to five ????
Hit apply and help us be the financial companion of choice for digital entrepreneurs.
The process ????
CV screening > Get to know us call > Home Assignment > Tech Interview > CTO > Values interview > Offer (for some roles we’ll include a task, but we’ll notify you if this is the case)