Ou Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Communicate regularly with the engineering leadership and product managers to ensure the project is on track and checkpoint goals are met.
- Consult on best engineering approaches, technologies, architecture, design, tools, and solutions.
- Provide implementation estimates and evaluations of different solutions, approaches, frameworks, etc.
- Take up challenges faced within the engineering team like problems in the release process, build issues and other pressing problems raised by customers that require quick turnaround with the highest quality of work.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Provide solutions for discovered bottlenecks and get a chance to refactor parts of the code.
- Create tools and automate requests.
We're Looking For You If You Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field
- A cross-functional team player with a high EQ and ambiguity
- 3 years of experience with Typescript
- 3 years of experience with Node.JS
- Strong system design and design patterns
- Experience with MongoDB, PostgreSQL databases, ElasticSearch
- Huge plus if you have experience with working with international teams, Redis databases, Kafka (additionally Connect API, Streams API)
- With technology as your main problem-solving skill you will bring value to the customers and feel the impact you make as an engineer. Seeing the results fuels us to keep innovating.
- Ever-growing product that leads the industry and cutting-edge tech solutions with freedom in experiments will affect your rapid growth as a professional.
Transparency and equality no matter what title you have. We're growing but we aren't losing our startup spirit. Work in a supportive responsive atmosphere of hungry, humble, smart people who're united with one focus - quality product.
We're empowering our team to do their best work. Great salary package, stock options, flexible scheduling & paid vacation, and sick leave period. We promote being family-focused and respect your desire to work from home when required.
- Nowadays health is a priority. We'll make sure you have what you need to lead a healthy life - VIP medical insurance, wellness benefits, access to mental health vetted programs, and resources.
- Your professional growth and opportunities for education matter. That's why we set up a yearly education budget for conferences, professional events, courses, reimburse English classes and create coaching & mentor programs.
- Engineering Department in Kyiv, UA, and Headquarter in San Jose, CA, US
About the Industry
The US is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a venture-funded, cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business - from appointment scheduling, to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments - all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Company name: Shopmonkey
Remote job title: Senior Backend Engineer